Monday, December 13, 2010

Hope

Love that word!!  I'll tell you why in a minute but first I wanted to show you some faces of hope.














These are a few of the children that we are so privileged to have the opportunity to teach about our Lord Jesus Christ.  At times it is so easy to get discouraged in our community which is filled with lack of commitment. So much apathy and selfishness make it hard to reach those in our town. But I look at these young faces and can't help but have some hope that God's Word will get a hold of their hearts so deeply that it will break the chains of "self". 
This time of year always makes me think of the passages in the Bible that relate the events leading to the birth of Christ. I was reading in Luke 1 when the angel was speaking to Mary about her conception and of Elizabeth. I love verse 37 which says "For with God nothing shall be impossible." For me, that is the definition of hope. All my efforts and failures don't even matter because nothing is impossible for my God. If that isn't hope, I don't know what is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment